Cross-Border Giving is Hard Work
NGO Global Connect provides you with the resources to understand the complex and ever-changing legal environments facing international grantmakers.
Are you faced with daunting questions such as:
- How can I ensure my grants are in compliance with the IRS?
- Should I use equivalency determination or expenditure responsibility?
- How important are Know Your Customer protocols to my work?
- Which lists of sanctioned individuals or organizations should I check?
- How can I ensure my donation is going to the right organization?
Visit our Resources page to find the answers to these questions and more!
“Cross-border donors often face daunting challenges. Complex US and international regulatory frameworks apply to cross-border giving, and a lack of understanding of these rules and regulations can result in excessive exposure of donors to risks impacting both their bank accounts and their reputation. In this age of increased prevalence of money laundering, terrorist financing, and an ongoing global trend of tightening regulation of the nonprofit sector, compliance in cross-border grantmaking has never been more difficult nor more important to achieve.”
Ted Hart, ACFRE, CAP®, President & CEO, CAF America